Tennessee Cattlemen and Women!

Hi Folks,
   This past weekend I attended the Tennessee Cattlemen's Convention!   I got to go with the High School team and participate in the Quiz Bowl.  Because I am a homeschooler, I am unable to participate in FFA (they only allow public schoolers to participate), so I was really excited to get to go with the high school FFA Team.    We rode with the ag teacher in a very small car.  There were six of us all with pretty long legs.  I ended up being crammed into the third row of seating for three hours on the way to Murfreesboro.   Needless to say, it was a exciting adventure.  I was a little nervous as we arrived. Why you say? Because I was on a mission to network!  My mom has always emphasized the idea of networking and every time I leave for an event I get a reminder of the importance of knowing people and putting my name and face in their memory as often as possible.  My nervousness quickly went away as I encountered people in the industry.  Every time I attend an event associated with farming, cows, and agriculture I am overwhelmed at the sense of community, common goals and love for the country life!  Today, I would like to emplore to get to know your State and National Cattlemen and Women.   You see, I have big goals!  Dreams!!   Plans!! Of working in the cattle industry and  when I am sent out on a mission to meet people I quickly understand that we are all working and supporting each other in a common goal.  

Here is a link to my home state Cattlemen's Association:  Tennessee!!!

Comments

Popular Posts