Good Friends and First Places

This weekend was the Cherokee Beef Clinic and Show in Athens, TN.  The Clinic consisted of tips on grooming, feeding and knowledge of your heifer or steer.  After the clinic the show began! It started with senior level 2 showmanship, 11th and 12th grade, and concluded with the junior's, 4th and 5th grade. After showmanship, was the steer(castrated male), commercial(No papers stating lineage) and registered (Papers, registered with breed association) show.  My commercial heifer, Friendly,  finished her FIRST show with a first place in her class! Simmental Cattle, the breed I show, was the last division of the day.  I just love ABC order, always putting my breed last! I brought three Simmental heifers down: Dreamy, Danni (Batman), and Savy. My heifers did wonderful and we walked out with Grand Champion Simmental Heifer. When  I was not in the ring I was talking and catching up with my BEEF friends.

Country Kids having fun at the show!

 

Comments

Popular Posts