Spring County Show 2013!

Monday, the 15th, was our county show!  We pulled in and the butterflies started overcoming my stomach!  Our county show is pretty simple: skill-a-thon, food, showmanship, and then the show!  We did our skill-a-thon in the public high school then we came out for burgers and drinks. Then I got NERVOUS! Showmanship time!  Where it's all about you and how you handle your animal! It went pretty smooth, the judge said we were so good so she made us switch calves!  Scary!  I got the lead calf and the one I thought was crazy!  Needless to say I was wrong!  I ended up winning showmanship.  When she came and shook my hand I could finally breathe!  Then was the commercial show with Friendly, she won Reserve behind the calf that I got switched to in Showmanship.  And finally the show!  Let's skip all the classes, I won the Simmental show. Then Supreme...the Judge Sarah Orr said it was a tough call but she picked my heifer Batman formally known as 'Danni'.
Commercial Champion Line-Up
Grand is the guy in the back and Reserve is me in the middle with Friendly

All my Simmental's in the ring at once, it's a great feeling! Plus I get to let my BEEF friends help! That's what they are there for, right!

My side of the Supreme Line-up there was another heifer not pictured



My BEEF friends, the judge, and the Supreme Heifer 'Batman'


A little chat with the judge and her "moral support"!


We had a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts