Do I Have To Get Up???

 A week or so ago , I was headed to the Cumberland County Fair and I felt horrible. I was sick!  I was feeding that morning clutching to my roll of toilet paper when I thought; what would my livestock do if I had laid in bed?
This thought inspired this!  I don't know what they would do.  I can tell you they would be depressed. They would bawl until someone came and filled up their water and put their feed out! My Show Livestock are very dependent on me!  I may dread getting up year round at the crack of dawn but in the end I know that they need me and I need them! I ponder the thought all the time about what if my parents hadn't met and I grew up in the suburbs!  WOW! what an unimaginable life! I'm glad I was fortunate to grow up on the family farm even on days like these, when all I want to do is lay in bed!   But, I like being needed.  I like being a part of something bigger than me! And that is why I got out of bed that snotty congested morning! 
Have a great day ya'll!!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts