Labor Day

  Does not having to go to work on a Monday make a Monday better?  We celebrated Labor Day this past Monday and most people were out on the water eating and relaxing! Labor Day was put into place to honor the social and economic achievements of American workers! I think that is really neat, because we all know how tough it is everyday to get up and go out and make a living.
   On the farm most Labor days are spent working.  The work never stops.  My dad and I were up working at the shop in the early morning fixing tractors and painting some equipment for an upcoming show.  Then we hauled hay.  Farmers are always having to look to the future and keep ahead in their work.  My point is that I celebrate Labor Day every day.  I love work!  When you do what you love the work is fun.  There is a lot of satisfaction in work done outside, for yourself and family, and work that leaves you tired.   Exhaustion and I are good friends, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
   We did do a little bit of laziness on Labor day!  We had big steak and lots of shrimp off the grill after our hard days work.  I could smell the steaks on the grill all the way in the field.  I guess all that hard work really works up your appetite. I kept working harder and harder so that nothing would interfere with my leaving the field to go eat!   Thankfully mine and the cattle's schedule went hand in hand and I was able to enjoy my dinner after a hard and fulfilling LABOR DAY!  I hope you enjoyed your day!

REMEMBER BEEF ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! and what a darn good dinner it makes after a hard days work!  Did you have BEEF on Labor Day!

Comments

Popular Posts