What Do I Say

How many of you have ever been caught in a predicament? With what to say or what to not say or where can you go from here! I have been attending the wonderful National Beef Ambassador Contest the past two years.  I love it!!! My state, Tennessee, did not have a formal program.  I was introduced to it by a kind Cattlewoman from Georgia who told me I would be great at it and should compete as a write in entrant. The first year I competed in Wooster, Ohio.  We drove all night after my local Livestock Judging contest to get there.  The next year my family made a fun cross country trip to California  to compete.  I have made so many friends and learned so much during those competitions.  I cherish each connection I made.  My home made Beef Ambassador Handbook goes with me every where!   This year our state decided to implement the contest.   I competed to be the Tennessee Beef Ambassador and I lost!  I was told in both the media interview and consumer demonstration that they loved my passion and enthusiasm, but I still lost!  I asked myself  "Why?" over and over again.   There was no answer.  I had to reconcile this in my head. My mom has always taught me Not to base my worth on someone else's opinion.  I have wondered,  what don't they see in me.  I researched the words "likeability" and "first impressions".  I studied harder.... and then I took my moms words to heart and realized that just because I lost doesn't mean I am not a Beef Ambassador.   I do this everyday and no one can take that away from me.  My passion for BEEF goes deeper than any trophy or money can offer!

But, what do you say when people ask how you did?  I hold my head high and say I lost!  Simple as that.  I've had to work my way up the chain of winning in all aspects of my life.  I have never been the one with all the money, political pull, or friends in high places, but through hard work I have been a winner many times. I believe sometimes to stay humble, God holds you back a step.  It feels really good to win, but it's nice to lose sometimes too. It makes winning that much better!  Nobody is never happy about losing, some are worse at it than others but I've accepted losing and know it does not determine my future or my worth! There are so many opportunities, Tennessee is just barely a drop in this ocean of a world!  No matter what I keep telling myself, it is hard to tell someone that I lost! It is my pride that gets bruised. My point of this rambling post is: Everyone loses but not everyone makes the best of the new found opened doors.  Have confidence in who you are based on your own knowledge of that fact not someone else's opinion.
Ya'll have a great day!! I know I will no matter what!
Madison




Comments

Popular Posts