That Time of Year

Yes, it's almost Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It also a time for a huge livestock event the North American International Livestock Expo.  According to their website it is the, "world's largest all-breed, purebred livestock exposition".    Each year we try to start packing early, but this year and,  well every year, I end up waiting to pack the trailer until the last minute.  It has been warm in Tennessee up until TODAY.   The forecasters say we may even get a snow flurry this evening.  So, instead of packing last week or the week before while it was warm I donned my coveralls, vest, scarves, gloves, hat, warm socks and begrudgingly went to the barn to pack the trailer. Sometimes we are huge procrastinators.  I haven't blogged much the last few weeks because I have been getting the heifers ready to go.  We want them to look their absolute best on show day.   This year my Dad made us two aluminum half chutes to take with us, because they are light weight and easy to transport.  I have been up at the shop helping him get them all cut and welded up the past few nights and  the "tired" is getting ready to set in.  But... The show must go on.  I am looking forward to an exciting, exhausting, fun, hard working show next week.  My cattle leave tomorrow for Louisville and I leave on Friday.   We are taking seven heifers and one aggravating bull. The cattle will be gone for ten days.

(I actually wrote this post on Tuesday of this week, but have been insanely busy!  It is actually Saturday now, and I am AT NAILE!!!!!   I am so excited!!!    My heifers will be showing today and tonight!  It is so hard to convey my excitement through writing, but just know I AM JUMPING UP AND DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!  WOOHOOOO!!!!)

Comments

Popular Posts