Off to see the Stock Barn

The wonderful stock barn of Athens!
A couple weeks ago we sold some heifers to a neighbor.  When my Pop was loading them, one got way from him.  I think I was at school on that day, so I was no help!   This Tuesday we were going to take her to the guy who bought her.  We also needed to take two old show heifers and CRAZY calf off too.
  It was a rather simple process.  The cows went to the barn quite easily and separated out nicely, so I have no exhilarating story! Except when we got to the stock barn!!!
  Poppa has started letting me pull his truck up while he gives them his name and address.  The last time I did fine.  Poppa has a Ford straight shift and the reverse is up beside first gear.   While trying to not get in reverse I hit third.  I killed it.  I finally got it into first and drove it half way home, according to Pop! 
Just another day in the life with Farmer Madison! Don't kill it!!!


Side Note- Sorry, I have not been posting!  All my fault.  I say I am too busy, but in reality I just hate having to sit down and work on it!  I will do better; however, you might have to read ten blogs in one day!

Comments

Popular Posts