SIX Acreas of Free Stuff, Good People, and Food

Wednesday,  I woke up again before the sun.  I didn't have anything on the agenda until ten. Mom and I went and ate a great breakfast in the hotel and ran into the Peterson Brothers, the farming internet sensations!

The Peterson Bros.  
Then,  I headed to the convention to go help out in  the Tennessee Beef Council and Cattlemen's booth where they had a Ole Time photo booth set up. The trade show didn't open until ten so when we got there we did our favorite thing... People watch!!!   Everyone was standing at the doors waiting to get in!  It was a pretty cool sight.  There were cowboy hats, wranglers and shiny boots everywhere.  People were on phones or talking with friends from across the U.S.  As the doors were opening, I ran into a long lost friend from NC, I met her at the NBAP contest in Wooster, Ohio.  We talked about schools and she told me she was very happy with her decision to attend Oklahoma State!  We didn't have long to talk because I had to run off to my booth and she had to to hers with the OK Cattlemen's and Women.

Kaylyn Groce from North Carolina. She is going to OK State University.
   Once I got to the TN booth I got to work pinning!! I made sure everyone got a TN pin. I only got rejected twice. Real show girls, not at all like the cattle "Show Girls" stopped by our booth and we hopped out for a photo.


Once my time in the booth was up...it was lunch time in the trade show!  After lunch it was time for the General Membership meeting for the ANCW (American National Cattlewomen) On the way I ran into some friends from Tennessee.
Julie Walker, Me and Dr. Neal Schrick,

Right before the ANCW general meeting.  Lot's of great women in this group!




Erica Snyder, former Beef Ambassador from Pennsylvania, Me, Chandler Mulvaney, Former Beef Ambassador from Alabama



 My favorite part of yesterday was attending the Master Beef Advocacy Reception.  I completed the program while studying for the Beef Ambassador Competition three years ago.  This March they will be celebrating the fifth year of the program.    Here is a link for more information: Masters of Beef Advocacy. I got to attend the party along with some superstars of the industry.  I look up to each these ladies and they are so generous in sharing their wisdom with me.  By the way, they are all Kansas State alumni. Chelsea Good, Debbie Lyons-Blythe,  Brandi Buzzard Frobose.

Chelsea Good 

Brandi Buzzard Frobose

Debbie Lyons-Blythe

  I also ran into Caroline Rose of Rose Cattle Company, Montana! Awesome!
She had to go to three or four more parties that night so it was great to run into her!

Caroline Rose, Rose Cattle Company, Montana

After the MBA reception I went to the NashVegas party!  I didn't take any pictures of that event because I was busy having a great time!  I stayed into the wee hours...NOT.  I was actually pooped out in my room at around 9:30.       

Here is my after lunch, before supper meal.   I just realized I have been posting a food picture everyday, so I couldn't let you down!   





Comments

Popular Posts