2014 Dixie National


I hadn't seen Elli in almost one week! Too long for this sister!
The day after the National Cattlemen's convention was over Mom and I headed for the Dixie National in Mississippi.   I am little late with this post because between the time of the Dixie National and now I have gotten a job at the stock barn in Athens and been working really hard in my Dual enrollment classes at Maryville College. Anway, the show took place during the second weekend of February. My cattle and the Green's Limousin cattle were hauled down to Jackson, Mississippi for the show by my fitter and I came down with mom from Nashville. I made mom drive extra fast because I was having separation anxiety from my heifers.
Taylor Green (Tyler is between our heads)

Once we got there all the work was done. Bummer!  I wasn't too worried because I knew more work was to be expected on Sunday (show day).  Saturday was the Simmental sale, and we happened to be stalled right next to the isle where they displayed the sale cattle before the sale.  That worked out in our favor because we had all sorts of traffic and interest in all our heifers. 
This is my pop on sale day in the arena! 



  I told you earlier that Sunday would be full or work but I underestimated the amount. We brought four head down, two Limis, and two Simmis. We thought we had time in between them all to get them ready..but...we didn't. David and Tyler had to get four head ready to show and in the ring in a matter of an hour. The Simmis showed in the big arena and the Limousin showed in another area.   It takes a good chunk of time to just get one fitted.  Four in that time seemed impossible. Needless to say we got it done and everything got to the ring on time with help from my Dad. To our delight, Jess won Grand Champion Percentage Heifer and I got her put back up in time to see Taylor get Grand Champion Limousin.  As soon as that was over, it was time for me to show Taylor and Tyler's bull  The Bull won Grand Champion!!!    What an awesome day and a really nice show!  It couldn't have gotten much better.  If you follow my blog you'll know that we've had a dang good year with new shows! 
Grand Champion Simmental Percentage Dixie National 2014



Comments

Popular Posts