Farm Emergencies/Sorority Life

I want to say before that I know what I signed up for when I accepted my bid.  I realize there are rules and regulations.  But I don't think they were designed for a farm girl, who actually has a farm. 
   One of our neighbors has a dairy and does it all by himself.  Now I have a lot of respect for this man and want to help him in any way I can because I know it is hard running a beef farm let alone a dairy with ONE person.  He is night and day milker, feed mixer, stall cleaner, mechanic, and breeder. Well,  his sugar dropped through the floor over the weekend and he was admitted to the ICU.  He is very picky on who helps him around the farm so there were few people who could run things while he was away.  I was one of those people and like I said I would do anything for him so I worked my schedule so I could milk day and night.  Now a normal week for me includes sorority life, school, and work.  I could swing my class and work schedule but my sorority was a whole 'nother big deal.  I emailed the right people and I got the "you didn't ask 72 hours prior to meeting."  My temper started rising a little, due to the fact this was an emergency and I can't see the future.  Needless to say I am going to miss chapter and I could care less.  I told them I had an emergency and if they don't classify that as one well, maybe our values don't align like I thought they should. 

Comments

Popular Posts