College is a Union card

 



"It's just a Union Card." 

My Role models, whom didn't finish college, and I'm proud to say that
   I was sitting waiting for my next class when a girl sat down beside me a couple seconds later a college tour came thru.  Boys in there best frat attire, girls in dresses in heels, moms and dads in their sunday best and then a me pops up, a kid who could care less.   I said to this girl how much I love this part of college.  How I want to tell them to run!!! As soon as these words left my mouth she retorted how college is almost required to be anything, to do anything.  I tried to keep calm, because I was raised to respect others opinions.  I said, neither of mine finished college and they are down right successful. And, then I had to hear about her mom being a pharmacist and her dad going back to school because he couldn't make it without a degree, so he became an accountant.  Now I love my accountant, love love love him, he filled out my FAFSA! But I am going to school as a back up plan, my real goals are being a mother, wife, and running a successful farm and selling show cattle.  These are my goals and I will be rich.   I don't need a degree, and neither did my parents.  Both my parents own their own businesses.  My dad works all over the southeast and my mom is known all over the southeast.  I was at a loss for words when she said success required a degree, because lately I have been wanting to leave school and take over the farm (because my grandfather, the 3rd gen, passed away recently.) 

Comments

Popular Posts